CrossRoads clubhouse was filled on Veteran’s Day with the local community honoring men and women who have served in the armed services. The American Legion Ladies Auxiliary and the Veterans of Foreign Wars Auxiliary provided a huge luncheon which served around 200 people. Special guests were three WWII veterans who live in the local area: Roland “Pete” Peterson, Lorraine Schroeder and Adam Malinski. (Some of you might remember that Pete made a hole-in-one here at CrossRoads a few years ago – an exciting event for all of us!) We just want to send out our best wishes and thanks to all the men and women who have served our country… and thanks to those of you who spent part of your special day here at CrossRoads.
October 28, 2015
Hello to All Club Members,
We hope to see you here at CrossRoads for our annual club meeting on Wednesday, November 4th. We will start with a social gathering and visiting at 5 p.m., followed by dinner at 6 o’clock. At the meeting which follows, we will elect our new board members for the coming year.
We look forward to seeing you on the 4th!
September 16, 2015
Good Afternoon! Just a few things…
1. Senior golf on Tuesdays will now start @ 11:00.
2. Glow Ball is on Saturday. It will start at 5:00 with golf on the
back 9. After golfing the back 9, they will have a bite to before
starting the front 9 in the dark. This is the last golfing event of
3. The Annual Meeting has been set for November 4th. Social hour will begin at 5:00, dinner @ 6:00 with the meeting to follow. We are looking for people to run for the board. We need to replace 3 out-going board members. If this is something that you would like to do, contact any board member or myself to be placed on the ballot.
4. CONGRATULTIONS to Bob Liudahl on his hole-in-one on Wednesday. It was on hole #8, with a 6 iron. Witnesses were Jeff Ellingson and Jake Jacobson.
Have a great weekend,
August 14, 2015
It’s a HOT one outside again!
1. The Ladies City Tournament was held on Wednesday, August 12, 2015.
Ten ladies participated. Winning the First flight was Michelle Rexin
with a score of 73. Second place went to Kari Smith with a score of
85. In the second flight, taking first was Sue Wolsky with a score of
99. Second place finisher was Jen Whitman with a score of 104. Prize
money was paid out to the first two finishers in each flight. Thanks
to all who partipated. Congratulations!
2. The Men’s City Tournament was held on Thursday, August 13. There
were 22 participants. Winning the Champion Flight was Brock Simonson
with a Gross Score of 71. Taking second place in the champion division
was Brian Duchscherer with a score of 73. In flight one the winner was
Jordan Wolf and taking second was Dan Miller. Both had scores of 79. A
tie-breaker was done with Jordan taking first. In the Second flight,
there was a tie once again between Red Skytland and John Eklund. After
the tie breaker, Red Skytland came out as the winner. Prize money was
paid out to the first two finishers in each flight. Thanks to all who
3. Saturday, August 15, is the Iron Man Par 3 Tournament. There are
still openings for the tournament. Just 3 people are needed for a
team. All proceeds go to the Carrington Youth Center. Shotgun start is
Easton and Carrington Youth Center presents
THE IRON MAN 33
Charity Par 3 Challenge
Saturday, August 15 @ 1:33 pm
CrossRoads Golf Club
The Iron Man 33 is a 3 person, best ball par 3 challenge. Be prepared to hit approach shots you have never hit before! Short shots, long shots blind looks, tough pins, easy pins, and unfamiliar angles await the players. The team that can withstand the challenge unscathed will be crowned the Iron Man 33 Team of 2015!
* 3 person teams–Teams take their single best score for each par 3
* $40 per person entry fee– bring 3 non-perishable food items for $30 entry fee
* Shotgun Start–2 threesomes per hole
* Smoked Brisket BBQ supper will follow the tournament
* All proceed donated to Carrington Youth Center and their 2015 projects
* Prizes for winners and raffles will follow
To register, contact Brock Simonson at (701) 537-4061 email@example.com
July – 2015